Monday, July 28, 2014

A Letter To My Sister

Jess!

You are like the captain moroni of Roosevelt gurl!
Thanks for the awesome email. Yeah from here on out things change a lot. Mostly because of the choices.
Like you said our decisions shape our destiny, the trick is to recognize those decisions that are IMPORTANT. For example: I was deciding if i would come home on christmas or stay an extra transfer to come home in february. I was thinking, either way it's not much difference. But then I reallized, that is a decision that will make a difference in my life. I'm going to stay an extra because I know that even though my call is for 2 years, I don't want to have that thought in my mind "what would have happened if I would have stayed?" I want to give all I got.

I think I know a little how you feel. They always tell the missionaries to love the people right? Well here the only way to have a spiritual lesson is to try and love that person and want the best for them. That way you can pass the gospel in a way that shows you want to help. But every week, we meet people that are suffering, praying to get help from the Lord, and of course, he sends us...
We teach them about the gospel, about how these decisions will change their life for the better, will help the family, keep your kids out of drugs and fornication, and promise all that the lord has will be theirs.

More often than we like, we watch these people that we come to love simply choose that they don't want what we are offering. It's especially hard if we've already helped them go to church and start changing their lives.

Satan's power is real. All of the important decisions are those that give us the option to follow god, or to follow the natural man. Satan uses Shame, embarassment. Tells people that they can't change, that it's too late. They should stay the way they are because it's easier, less painful, and maybe it is.

Christ teaches the complete opposite. It's never too late. There's nothing he can't heal or cure. He's never ashamed of us or disappointed. There is no sin that is too great or too late to forgive. His power is absolute the only thing that keeps us from feeling the relief of the atonement and the absolute joy of coming back to his paths is ourselves.

Something that I've learned is that it really does break our heart when our friends make decisions that can only bring pain and suffering. Imagine how Heavenly Father must feel all the time. But even though it breaks our hearts, it doesn't mean they are lost. Not yet. Even if it takes years or decades, they can still come back. They can make it to the baptismal font, to the temple, to the celestial kingdom.

And even if it feels like you are powerless to help them now, maybe in a few months or at least years, you can be sure that Heavenly Father will start pulling at their heart. He (who knows and controls everything) will make them pass through the circumstances that will help them have the Highest probability possible to come back to his fold. He will give them other choices or trials that will give them the chance to take his hand, that is extended all the day long for them. (He says that like 15 times in Doctrine and Covenants.) And maybe something that you said, or did, or just your example of life your friends will remember in that moment, and choose to do the right thing.

3 Nephi 18:23
But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name.

Jeremias 24:7
And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord:and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Love you tons siss, you've always been a bonfire of example for all your friends! Keep doing what you do and I'll see you in 2... 6 months.. haha.

Tchau!
Amo Voce
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment