Monday, July 28, 2014

I Have The Most Gorgeous Family Ever!











May 12, 2014

Hey it was fantastic to call and talk with the family! I was actually pretty proud of myself for only slipping into portuguese like 2-3 times! I've actually gotten pretty good at switching in and out without confusing many of the words.
Sorry the Cat died, I'm sure he's in a better place. I've actually started to like cats a lot more, now that I'm seeing so many dogs around here!!! If they started a dog pound I'm pretty sure unemployment would drop to zero pretty quick around here.

So yeah, I told Rogerio thanks for all you guys. We called from his dentist office. Yeah. He's 24 years old and he's already a dentist and has his own clinic with his girlfriend, who's an orthodontist.. What's more he's going to leave both of them to go on a misssssssion!!!! He should be going in June to south Provo. Just waiting for the Visa (I can relate) So watch out for an Elder Pereira because he's always taken real good care of us.

I'm just loving life in Rio Verde this last week. I feel like things are really picking up. We had a day we taught 8 lessons in 7 hours. Like I told you guys the Lord really blessed us with that family that was already up and ready to go to church! Usually we're the ones waking everybody up, and rushing them into the shower.

I was pretty anxious about our first zone meeting together but it went off without a hitch. President really liked it because we basically just talked about what he had passed to us and did practices to apply it.
We always try to do something to help the missionaries remember, so this time we bought a meter of pipe and carved holes in it, throwing beans in to represent people we challenge to be baptized. The idea is that the more we invite to a baptismal date the more get baptized!

Our goal is to invite 60 people to accept a baptismal date in the first 2 weeks of June!

We are pretty excited about the investigators we have right now, and we'll take Aldo to a family night tonight. He would have been baptized last week but he hid from us... So pretty clear he isn't feeling prepared.

I've told everyone that missionary work doesn't really have a secret. It's like Kung Fu Panda, there's not really a secret ingredient... Invite everybody to hear the message, go to church and be baptized, help them to feel the spirit. Read the Book of Mormon and Pray!

It's so simple.

Thanks for all your love and support. As I was promised in a blessing, I am feeling the Savior's love more in my life than any other time I have felt it. I've made the decision to give him my heart, mind, and will. Those are the only things he doesn't have yet that are mine to give.

What a blessing it is to live the Gospel, really live it!

Love,
Elder Wallace

Rio Verde
Scenic Short cut!
Redeemer statue in Rio Verde

No comments:

Post a Comment