Monday, July 28, 2014

Cinco De Mayo!

Yeah I think we'll make sandwiches and play uno with the zone to celebrate!

This week was pretty wild. We worked our tails off, teaching 4 lessons on the p-day! in three hours.
I like working with Elder Moon because when other missionaries would say, "Ah man, we're not going to get our goal of addresses" Elder Moon gets frantic! "We HAVE to get our addresses!" Even if it means chasing down people on the street, but we always get our goal!
And I've learned that's when the Lord blesses us with success. This week I had a bit of a cold and was really beat, but we kept going and the Lord blessed us.

After a few weeks of struggling to get people to commit to coming to church we finally had some success. 8 this week and we should be able to get 12 next week, which is the goal.
We've finally found a man to baptise, which is really great because the Branch needs more priesthood holders to become a ward. ALDO is his name and he'll be baptized on the 10th, for whoever can pray for him that would be great!

We had a member give us a reference 3 weeks ago, but she always told us she couldn't come to church becuase she had too many clothes to wash... I was thinking, "man, what kind of excuse is that" But after church we stopped by and I saw more clothes and clotheslines than I have ever seen in my life!!! She only has three kids! How do they make so much laundry??? Anyway she was finishing up washing their shoes when we got there! We found her a ride to watch the other Branch's meeting that afternoon. She loved it and will come again next week. We'll stop by saturday to help her tackle her laundry!

Thanks for all the great emails.
I know that this really is the Lord's church and his work. There are so many little miracles that show that. We are really teaching by the spirit now, and there are so many times I feel him giving me the idea of what to say or when to keep silent. When I see what happens in the investigator's face, I know that inspiration was real.

For me, I often hear the phrase "the spirit was so STRONG!" but in all my lessons, It's pretty rarely that I feel some STRONG feeling. Usually it's a quiet certainty during what I'm saying, or a small idea that pops into my mind and feels good. Or he brings something to remembrance that President has told us to do in a lesson.
I follow that inspiration, but it's only after I bear testimony, make a question, challenge, pause, that I feel the spirit carrying our message to the heart of the person. And I see it in their faces, I really can see what is happening in their eyes, and many times I can feel what they are feeling.

That is always really amazing. I can tell them exactly what they are feeling, and watch the surprise on their face.
It took me a while to learn all this. That it isn't me that will convert these people. It is the spirit and I have to trust it 100%. I've learned not to wait when we hear it's promptings. If he prompts me to turn around and talk to the person we walked past 4 blocks ago, I won't think twice. Just go.

Thanks for all your love and support, see you on Mother's day!
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment