Monday, January 20, 2014

A Vida Loka! Do Missionario

Hey family!

So this week was a bit crazy, we traveled to Goiânia thursday and got back Friday... That ate up a bit of our time. Saturday and Sunday we were very blessed for our dilligence.

We've been trying to work more with the members here for about a month. I think it's like trying to get a team of oxen going, it's a real pain to get them started, but once we get them going the work is lot easier than pushing and pulling by yourself.

We finally started to have some results! Last sunday a sister from the other ward introduced two of her friends that were visiting, jhonny and Luciana! Luciana is awesome, and she drags Jhonny along, when we finish the lesson she says "when are you guys going to come back?", We invited her to a family night and jhonny said "we might have another commitment" Luciana responded "We'll cancel it then!"

All I can think is wow, this is a lot better than fighting all week to get people to come to church and then having about half of them show up! We now have 5 investigators, 3 with a baptismal date. 4 of them were Referals from the members, and 1 was a referal from Jaine, (wilson, who will be baptized this saturday!!!)

Sometimes we've really got to work hard to get the team moving but it is definitely a lot better than working alone. One family night I had been hounding this family to invite their neighbors to come all week, to which they agreed, but they hadn't invited them. So we went over to the houses on both sides of theirs and invited the neighbors over for them. It was an awesome family night!

Wow time sure flies, we'll have transfers here next week and I'm hoping to stay, I love this ward. But it's a long shot since I've been here 7 1/2 months.

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. I talked about how we have TONS of work to do here (we want a full quorum, seminary, caravan to the temple, activities, mutual, etc) and how we want all these things but we have to have a good attitude and go about our work cheerfully. Like nefi, I will go and do.

Love you all and have a fantastic week!
Elder Wallace

49 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto them that they should murmur no more against their father; neither should they withhold their labor from me, for God had commanded me that I should abuild a ship.

 50 And I said unto them: aIf God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.

 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannotainstruct me, that I should build a ship?

Alma 36 3 I do know that whosoever shall put their atrust in God shall be supported in their btrials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be clifted up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment