Sunday, January 19, 2014

Commence The Christmas Hymns

Hello Family!

So I'd like to tell a bit more about the conference.
There were a lot of things President Costa said that were awesome for me. He talked about how our investigators are like a lamp that needs to recieve power from us until it lights up, they're not a bucket to be filled up with all the lessons.

He talked about the focus President Monson is putting on rescuing inactives. Are we listening to the Profet's council?
I have LOTs to do in this area with reactivation, so I'm pretty excited to continue that.

Sister Costa taught us about listening and studying with the spirit. The spirit can teach us "new truths" when we are studying. We can read or hear something in a new way, the spirit touches our hearts and we understand better than before.  I love the promise the lord makes for us in Doctrine and Covenants 121 45-46

I learned that I need to be more bold. Which I have been doing now. People don't KNOW what we know, they don't HAVE what we have! When someone says they already have a religion, or already know the word of God, I promise them that they've never heard the things we will tell them in 20 minutes. They need this message.

These past few weeks I feel like we've been teaching more with the spirit. We finished a lesson, said the prayer and left right away, without sticking around to chat, and the family just sat their. It was like they were stunned. President Costa taught us to teach and leave the spirit work on them.

Love you tons!
Here are some pics of the zoo that we visited, it was cool, and free!
unfortunately the Ant-eater wasn't home. The zoo keepers don't know, but he leaves his pen periodically through a whole in the fence to go eat ants, and he sneaks back before anybody knows.
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment