Monday, January 20, 2014

Retention

Well let's see what I did this week.

I've been running to different parts of the city to go on exchanges with all the elders in the district. I'm trying a lot harder to work with the members. I'm one of those missionaries that thought for the longest time working with the members is more work than working by yourself! I think I got used to that in the branch in Barra. But I'm learning slowly and steadily.

Experience: We saw I guy I taught one time REALLY drunk in the supermarket. (ok this actually happens a lot since I have 7 months in this area and know pretty much which drunks go to which bars)
But I really liked this guy, so we resolved to help him get home. How hard could it be? he only lived a block away...
15 minutes later we had only been able to get him outside the market and into the street... I was seriously thinking "He's pretty heavy but Elder Ashby and i can carry him, would it make too much of a seen?" Luckily we were able to coax him to his house in 20 minutes, using many tricks like: "hurry there's someone waiting behind you" "look it's going to start to rain in a bit" "come a little bit forward, the ground is more even here" Elder Ashby tried singing, I started counting the steps he made and that seemed to help.

When he got home he was wishing he was still back in the super market. His wife gave him a look that would kill a mile away.

I felt really sad but was happy we got him home, since we had taught that family a few times and had really made some progress with their son before leaving them.

Love you all!
Don't ever drink!
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment