Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas Pics

Happy Holidays!

This week we met our goal for contacts, 100 per week per missionary! And on the 100th contact that Elder Ashby made, the family accepted a baptismal date in the first contact!!! Woohoo!

So Jaine was baptized and comfirmed without a problem. she was really happy and is super excited for the change in her life. It's been hard for her, researching the church, because her kids don't want anything to do with her and they have some problems at home.
She's had a good support from the ward, and that's the only way that she would be baptized, because she hasn't gotten support from anyone else.

Christmas was a REALLY slow day. We sang hymns to a few members, people in the street, and caroled a bit... People had never seen this before, but it must not have been too bad, we were applauded every time haha.

Besides that We've had a few trials, a family that we were teaching is now avoiding us, we've yet to talk face to face to find out why. It's hard because I really love the people we teach. We get to know them and their trials and dreams really quickly.

I challenged my district to a competition to see who could talk to the most people this week. The deal was that if a companionship made more contacts than Elder Ashby and I, we would shine their shoes... This week I'll just be shining my own shoes, but next week we'll up the stakes.
I'm trying to think of a few programs I can start as District leader. I want to do something like amazing Race or Weekly combat or something. I think competitions are great because they keep us enthusiastic about the work.

It was fantastic to see all of you! You're all so beautiful!!! haha. Keep being who you guys are and never ever mess with drugs!
Love
Elder Wallace



No comments:

Post a Comment