Monday, April 1, 2013

Futebol???!!!


We just got back from playing 2 hours of Futebol!!! Oh man it was so so so so SOO good. We can NEVER play but we baptized a LOT this month so the President (blessed be his name) liberated 2 hours for futebol today. I'm just super glad I was able to play soccer in Brasil. wooh.

Anyway, I'm loving the work here, it's great. (Yeah I found the apostrophe key on this keyboard!) here's a story.
So I was working with the other zone leader that doesn't speak English. We were knocking doors (actually you clap doors here) and we got to the end of our area and headed back. Right when we turned around I thought, ''I should try that house there''. But we kept walking. I started feeling stronger about it, but part of my mind was thinking we had another apointment, I can't speak portuguese to my companion to explain. 2 blocks later I realized I was going to feel horrible if we didn't turn around, and I had definitely been prompted by the spirit.

I told my companion more or less what I wanted to do, and we walked 2 blocks back. I knocked and waited. This middle-aged guy poked his head around the window and asked we wanted.. This was the first time I tried to talk when we were knocking doors. I told him we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Cristo of Later day Saints and had a very special message about Christ to share.
He said, ''No, Thanks.''
:) 
But when we were walking BACK a car pulled up to us with the passenger saying ''stop stop!!!''
Favio served in the Marines and lived in Logan for a while. He was in the car with his sister, who he is visiting in Brazil. He recognized who we were and told his sister to stop. 
We went to her store and taught, Her, Him, Her daughter, and her Friend!
It was an awesome lesson and we are going back this thursday. She was really focused on what we were saying and said this could make a difference in her life. We couldn't agree more.

Let's see... Obedience is important. One time I sprinted with Elder Lindsey to make it back to the house before 9:30. 
I think another thing I've learned is that if you just do you duty, don't worry about the rest. Two things I can control are my desire to work and my effort.

Oh man... I thought I knew what a hamburger was until I got here. The other day we went to a Lanchonette, or burger shop. It had a pattie, an egg, sausage, hotdog, tomatoe, cheese, lettuce, crunchy potatoe things, and a few things I don't know. SO good.
I also got a Creme (really good) they said what flavor and I threw out ''Morango!'' Because I knew that was a fruit.... Morango is strawberry. haha.

The milk here is kind of strange. I can't tell when it goes bad by the smell, because it always smells kind of weird. It doesn't have to be refrigerated. I think next monday I will buy the refrigerated kind to try. I like buying the yogurt (comes in a bag and is drinkable) and freezing it.

Anyway, all is well. We have a baptism tomorrow.
I don't think I've ever been so excited for General Conference in my life!!!.

Much love, thanks for the Emails, I've read Jessica's and I'm going to read the rest now.
Love you all very very much, 

Elder Wallace


Love you!
Yeah we have lunch, big lunches, at members houses.
It's not polite to not eat a lot. The goal everytime is to empty the pans. One time I didn't think I was every going to finish what I had dished myself (on the third trip) I felt like I was going to throw up every bite. I was sweating, haha. But my prayers were answered.

Easter here is Pascoa, or Passover. They give chocolate and such. It's not quite the same as american chocolate. Tastes a bit waxy. When we fasted I was craving Snickers and Reeses. The Catholic church had a big parade about a week ago. Nobody works on the Passover.

Love!
Elder Wallace

The display on my camera is broken. I didn't do anything with it. ahhhh.

Out of time,
Love you!
Elder Wallace.



No comments:

Post a Comment