Monday, April 22, 2013

BARRA DO GARÇAS!!!

Hello!
From Barra Do Garcas, the best area in the mission.

Yep I was told the night before that I was going to be transferred, but I didn't know where. When we were all in the chapel President gave an awesome talk about teaching DOUTRINA! So for transfers he had all the bus tickets in a pile, and everyone seemed to want two that were different from the rest. I was the last one to get called, I would be going to Barra do Garcas (baha do garsas) with Elder Winkel! (From Colorado)

Just a little about Barra do Garcas
It's an Eight hour bus ride from Goiania and is the farthest area from the rest of the mission. It's also the farthest north and the hottest (oh man it is toasty here). When we got here I was thinking, "wow this place is pretty cool.) and I just got more and more excited as the day went on.
Goainia is pretty flat, but Barra has hills, and two big Rivers, wow it is beautiful. The hills are covered in jungle and the tallest has a statue of the Redeemer, very cool. We hiked up there this morning and had our District meeting "district meeting" because it's just the four of us, elders Falcao, Cain, and Elder Winkel. Man it was crazy! they have a flight of stairs going up this hill/mountain... Straight stairs for 30 minutes. Wow our legs were spaghetti when we got back.

So there are 3 cities: Aragarças, Pontal, and Barra do Garças. We live in Aragarças, and elder Winkel and I will work there and Pontal.
Pontal is inbetween the two rivers, So cool and way pretty! and Barra is across the two bridges. Barra isn't in the state of Goias, it's in Mato Grosso, another state in Brasil.

The church has been here quite some time, but the Branch has about 30 members that are active. We're finding out there are a bunch of people that don't come but were baptized.
We have sacrament meeting in this house-church deal, with tons of fans... haha. It is way cool, when we have 80 members we will get a chapel. I want to see that happen before I leave Brazil. 
The Saturday (third day I was here) Elder Cain had an activity with the Branch, and we had some investigators come!!! We watched the Testiments, and I made everybody French Toast.
(an american food, haha.) 

Wow I am so excited to be here and super pumped to be with Elder Winkel. I've never walked so much and slept so well. 
I've noticed all the miraculous things happen when we COULD go home, or call it a day, but we knock just ONE more door, talk to ONE more person... awesome. 

Also this week we knocked a door and there was this parrot that was telling us "shooh!" (andar logo!) haha. The guy said dont worry he says that to everyone.

Love love!
Elder Wallace.

No comments:

Post a Comment