Monday, March 25, 2013

BRASIL!!!


 We flew from Billings to Minneapolis to Atlanta, Sao Paulo to Goiana. I didn`t sleep at all during the flight to Sao Paulo! Haha. We were able to sleep a bit on the flight to Goiana, and after dinner with the president we slept in a little hotel for a couple hours. President Prieto is really great, maybe next time I meet him I will be able to understand what he is saying. haha. 

Ah, the language! I love learning it, though sometimes my brain is fried at the end of the day. I am constantly trying to speak it with Edler Benatti and Elder Macedo. (from Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre) both Brasileiros. 
Elder Benatti can speak some english but he told me he isn]t going to in order to help me learn. 

The food. Haha, it is good! Yep always rice and beans, usually with a salad that is mostly tomatoes. The other day we had a fruit salad that was really good, and let me know that I am not allergic to any of those fruits. Yeah sometimes we get a feijoada that has all sorts of things in it... Now I understand where Spencer was coming from when he said chicken part soup. Except ours was pork. The food hasnt fazed me yet, you just take out the toe nails and vertebre and ears and organs, or you try to avoid getting it when you dish your plate. Or just eat and dont look! 

My companions are fantastic, they`re always joking to stay sane because they work really hard. My first day working we had some fantastic lessons, and people accepted batismal dates! 

Lets see. I was going to say something about the drivers.. There`s no cruising speed, they are either accelerating or stomping on the breaks! haha. I m pretty sure to film [fast five] they told 5 brazilians to get from point a to point b and then filmed them. People do the craziest things. (I just realized I forgot my camera... But I am taking photos... forgive me mom.) Anyway, its like there is a vin Deisel behind the wheel of every fiat.

Holy cow! the other it rained and their were just rivers in some places. The cars just get a little speed and then plow through them. We were caught in it after a lunch with a member.
Our Area is Parque Amazonia. The water is ok to drink here. Our house is... well I will send pictures, but it is nice. We have two bedrooms but we all sleep in one with the fan on. It is pretty hot and humid. Humid enough that it affects the hold of Duct tape on things (of which I brought a roll) anyway, six of us sleep in the one room. 

I had this huge bag of chocolate chips Amber Carr sent me and they all love them. Elder Benatti and Macedo were dissapointed I didnt bring any Beef Jerky or Peanut Butter. haha. 

Ah man, So one of them only knows certain phrases that he throws out at random teams, very funny. like: Dont touch me. Kiss Girls. Repent quickly. I love you. 

Alright. I cannot email friends nor read their emails. I will try to write some letters today. Sorry It is hard to type on this dang keyboard! Ç is in the way, and I cannot make contractions...
I love you all very much. The Lord helps us so much and I am already seeing miracles. I have everything I need and life is good. It is hard to believe that I am here, but I am very greatful. It is kind of weird typing in english already. Thanks for everything!

Love you much,
Elder Wallace.

No comments:

Post a Comment