Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference!!!

Hey!
I guess I'll start with the bad news... It's not the display. if it was I should be able to take pictures still. You don't happen to have the first camera I broke still do you?

We can't use any other sites, so I can't purchase or watch videos. 

Maybe you could send that camera to me for my christmas or something? I'm really sorry, maybe I'm meant to teach you how to deal with frustration... haha, remember the talk in conference about how we are all imperfect? Then he said, 'all God has to work with is Imperfect people, that must be immensely frustrating, but he deals with it...



Well this week was really exciting what with Conference. I was able to watch the first in English on an ipad a member had. The second I got English Subtitles, Priesthood session was Portuguese (D'oh!) and Sunday 7 of us crammed into the Clerks office to watch in English. 
It
Was
Awesome.

Where to start... Throughout the whole thing I was just calmed and got a feeling of peace. There were two really good talks (they're all really good!) on Forgivness and Repentance. Also two more that talked about peace. I had all the questions I had written about what I need to change or do answered. One of them I prayed about and it was answered in the talk right after that. I'm really looking forward to reading the Liahona when it comes.

There were a lot of great talks about missionary work as well!!! I hope we all take the opportunities that God gives us, no matter how quiet. Quickly I bear testimony that if we seize even the smallest opportunity, even if it's out of our way or Uncomfortable, God will bless us and the other person immensely. He will also start trusting us with more. 

I also bear testimony that if we let the opportunity pass us by, we will feel bad. God will not give you those opportunities because you didn't show you could be trusted. 
But always we can repent!!!
It feels so wonderful when you choose to do the right thing.

It seems weird at first, even to others, when we go out of the way or do something unusual. For example asking if you can help bag groceries or help set the table. I learned pretty quickly that I can either hide behind not knowing the language or I can try try try to use it anyway. Even if people have no idea what this american is trying to do or say, haha. 

We can either hide behind our weaknesses or we can plow through them.

We have lot of potential investigators, but a lot of them are flakey. Spencer, if you have any advice for how to get ahold of people or get back for another lesson, any tips are welcome. I'm still learning here but I'll use my ''phone a friend'' lifeline.

Love you, and here are some pics.

That was the good news. 

Love,
Elder Wallace











No comments:

Post a Comment