Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Life In Billings


Alright, so I told you a little bit about my companion. Elder Walch is a good guy. We live with the B's, two older people who are really cool and excited to do missionary work. They love their dogs, Max and Teddy, and their RV (VERY nice). They are super nice and very kind.

I exercise in the morning, we have some weights and dumbells, possibly a treadmill in the Barn that I haven't checked out yet. P-days we play basketball for hours. We played some dodgeball and my eye is pretty swollen today, haha. It's fun though.

We went tracting my first couple days here. We've got to figure out a different way to get in people's houses because you don't have very good chances tracting. One cool thing that happened though: Elder Walch has had a feeling about Betsy Street, so the second day we were tracting there we met the Gs. Sister G and her three little kids  go to church every week. Brother G hasn't been in like 13 years. BUT he let me come back and teach a lesson to him to practice my portuguese, because he served in Campinas, Brazil. I'm going back again today. I really hope he will feel the spirit and start coming again. 

This week we have visited tons of less actives. Elder Walch has known some of them his whole mission, and they love him. I was amazed how people open up and tell you about all their challenges and trials they are experiencing. I guess it's because of how missionaries before me have acted, they trust us and tell us everything. 

Thursday we went on splits. I went with Brother B to visit a less active family. This visit was all the spirit, because Bro. B was kind of reserved and quiet, very cool guy though. So I visited with the Mom and her 2 boys. They are afraid people will judge them if they come to church. They go to a different service where you just come as you are and no one knows you. Her boys haven't been baptized, though she teaches them about Jesus and doing good things for other people. I challenged them to pray to be guided to help somebody and to remember what happens because I want to hear about it next time I come.

They're the ones I'm really rooting for this week.

Thanks for the Emails, It's great to hear from Grandma and Grandpa and Jessica too. 
I'll be watching for that battery charger! haha.

If you can get me the information for Kris's "DearElder" That would be awesome! or maybe I could send you it via email and you can DearElder him.  

Bye! Love you always.
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment