Monday, March 4, 2013

BILLINGS


Soooo. hahaha. After 8 hours of in-field Orientation, we were all really anxious to get to the travel office to find out if we got our Visas or not. Probably the fastest our district has ever walked, according to Sister Workman. We got there and they didn't have our travel information, BUT they did know where we were going. Elders Myers and Neibaur are going to Utica, New York. Elder Singleton Dobberfuhl and Sister Workman are going to Birmingham, E. Parker to Nashville (Rolltide!), Elders Dahl, Hansen and My companion and I are going to BILLINGS MONTANA! haha. ah man.

I'll admit I was a little let down that night, I really want to get to Brazil. Everything is o.k. though, I'll work hard in Montana and I'm sooo ready to get to work. It's a great opportunity for me to bring others to the Gospel here and there. 
So I'm fine with the thought of going there now. My only other thoughts are:
It'll be cold!
I hope I meet some weird mountain men types. 
Part of the mission is about 2 1/2 hours from Roosevelt. haha.

Yeah BABY!

Alright. So M. Russel Ballard talked to us last Tuesday! That was really cool. My favorite part of his talk was when he promised us that if we work diligently on our missions we can grow our love for Christ to an extent greater than we would have ever dreamed possible. When an apostle promises you something, you write it down. He also paused for a bit and then decided to just read part of 3 Nephi 11 with us (when Christ comes) I wish I could read scriptures with Elder Ballard every day.

I hosted Wednesday, which was awesome! It was great to change up our schedule and I felt like I could actually help other people; the missionaries, the families, ESPECIALLY the moms. I did see the Willards! I was so excited I yelled to them, "What's up Willard family?!?" To which they paused from their special moment to give me a smile and say hello. I hope that didn't ruin their farewell moment, haha. It was great to see Brother Willard, who was pulling luggage out of the trunk as everyone else cried. I LOVE THOSE GUYS! I haven't seen Sister Willard since, and I didn't stop to chat because I was hosting my first sister and she was already sobbing. Dang it, that made me a little sad during the next class.

(pause while I switch my laundry)

Hosting was fun though. 

I'm still hopeful for getting my visa, one of the districts that left three weeks ago had a couple Elders go to Billings, and he got his visa this last week. If I get it while I'm there I would leave pretty quickly. So estimated time is 3-6 weeks, and I've only heard two stories about people that served their whole mission without getting it. Sooooo. I'm hopeful.

Cameron is going to GHANA??? To tell you the truth it was his letter that cheered me up that night, I couldn't stop laughing. Kris and him will be awesome missionaries because they will work! Mason better hurry and get his papers in so I can see where he's going! I'm betting Kentucky or Madagascar...

I got a phone card, no Battery charger yet though. So No pictures for y'all. you want me to text you the number in the airport? Like the number of a pay phone so you can call me? So it must be cheaper if you call me instead of me calling you. I have the number of the phone though, thanks.

I hope it snows like crazy when we go to Montana. I thought of Mr. Hanke who was always saying how great Montana is.


Also it has come to my attention that some of my letters were not received. Sorry! I found this out when I got some letters from seminary kids. 

Writing letters is over-rated right now anyway, I like to do it to let people know I care about them. I do miss you, I like to hear from you, but I'm having less and less desire to write. I will try to respond to everybody who sends me one though, thanks so much.

Much love,

I love studying CH3 in PMG. and Portuguese, and about the sons of Mosiah.

Love,
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment