Friday, February 22, 2013

Dois Mais Semanas!!!


Dear family,
What??? My visa is approved? Great! Let's hope they get it sent out soon, hopefully the church knows about it. I'm sure they do. Whatever happens though, I'll be fine with.

So why did I hear about that secondhand? haha.
This week I got a packet of Envelopes from the Roosevelt Seminary students. I love those people! The best part was hearing about the mission calls that they've gotten or are expecting. Even hearing people say they want to serve a mission made me really excited for them.

I spent the bulk of today writing letters to a couple of them that were not sure whether they were going to serve. I really hope they do. Sometimes our minds will doubt ourselves, and our testimonies. But I know with all my HEART that  these things are right and good and true. Sometimes our minds doubt the testimonies we have, I really enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa Wallace's letter about the 4 sons!

Let's see... Then I played some soccer (with a little nerf ball indoors) and I watched my companion do a "shasta shoot"?... Don't ask, it involves chugging soda and then running and doing jumping jacks until something exciting happens. 

I really love where I'm at in the Book of Mormon right now. When I read chronologically I'm in the first half of Alma, reading about all the cool things the sons of mosiah are doing. Can you imagine going to the Lamanites, who will probably kill you or throw you in jail rather than listen to your message? I'll try to remember that when I get rejected in the field. "Well Elder, at least they didn't tie us up!"
Then again, they always did make the best of those situations.

Hmm... Oh, the language is coming. I feel like I'm doing well, so I'll be ready to be brought low when I get to Brazil. I think of 'The Best Two Years' "That isn't the language they taught me in the MTC." haha.
The good thing is we have access to the gifts of discernment and the gift of tongues. I intend to not live below my priveleges like that talk by President Uchtdorf says.

Sometimes the Lord brings us low, before he can lift us high. -Joseph Smith movie.

Thanks for all your love and letters and emails. I think of you guys.

Two Elders in our district, Elders Perkes and Allen, got their visas! They leave Tuesday so they had like 6 days notice. Elder Allen speaks very well, and cheats of his semi-fluent spanish when he needs to. Elder Perkes is our district leader, and I know the Lord will be able to work through him very well. He already showed us the look he is going to give people when he doesn't understand them. I love those guys!

Much love
Eu os Amo

Elder Aaron Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment