Monday, July 22, 2013

Uberlandia

Hello hello!

Whoo! time flies when you're busy. I'm starting to know the area and the members here which is just great. One thing I'm really excited for is the deal that Elder Castro and I won't let anybody pass us in the street (except young kids and people sooo drunk that they aren't walking straight.) Actually, the drunks love talking to us, and quite a few of them have more scriptures memorized than I did before seminary. haha.

So this week we met president Kuceki and family. He is amazing and will be great for the mission. He's already passed a few programs that will help a lot, with more to come. He's praying to triple the number of baptisms here in the mission!!! I have complete faith that it will happen, and were doing the works to realize that goal. He taught us that we have more power than we think, in a way that just blew my mind.

Here's something cool that he told us President Monson said, translated more or less. "The only reason God let the internet be invented was for missionary work"
Whoa.... 

That said I challenge everybody to go out of your way to use the internet this week for the reason it was allowed to exist. 

This week will be a week of finding new investigators. The 2 families we had in the church are starting to give excuses, but we'll give a lesson of power and call them to the church this week again.
We're already seeing the blessings of talking with EVERYONE. Remember We bought a pizza on the 4th of July and the lady asked if we had a pamphlet? We said even better we have a lesson that will explain everything. Since then we've taught the 3 kids. Returning there later I met the dad. Guaran.
He's from india. He opened the door and said "I don't speak portuguese!" I just smiled and started to talk to him. He and his wife met doing courses in England, were married in india, and moved here about 4 months ago.

It will be interesting teaching a family that speaks half portuguese half english, and the dad is Hindu! haha I'm super excited.

We also met an indian that is very lonely recuperating from a surgery, that is an elect of the Lord. The other night I talked to a guy smoking and he has a family of 5 that we will teach today. I talked to a guy that is taking a Theology class to help him decide what church to join. mwahaha! 
It really is a miracle how many people the Lord has prepared and put in our path.

Oh. I ate Gelo´ this week for the first time. It's a green thing that has an absolutely abominable taste. maybe Bro Nelson remebers it. Man it was nasty but I was eating at a restaurant that you pay extra if you waste food, so I ate it all.

Also this week I ate Canjica! The stake here had a "Festa Julinha". We brought an investigator there. There was a kind of square dance deal, lots of popcorn, cornbread, and caldos (kind of stew but not). Canjica is like a stew but really sweet. It has corn and peanuts and cinnamon! Man it was good!

Anyway love you all have a great week. Bro Nelson send my love to the mission prep people. Enjoy the waffles or cereal!
Christ is our Savior
The book of Mormon has soooo much truth and knowledge!
The Priesthood and all the keys are here, and will never be taken from the earth again.

Love you all!

Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment