Monday, July 29, 2013

Hey Family! Que Frio!

This week was really good. Can you believe we actually left the house with suits one morning?!? it was chilly! Really weird, all of a sudden we had three days of wind with a humid chill. I slept with a jacket, shorts, and socks.

Gelo' is a vejetable, or so I'm told. You all know I'm not a picky eater, but this was terrible! I was excited to try some new things at a buffet and I put some on my plate. Ugh! Very bitter! But I ate it all because you pay extra if you waste food (they should do that in the US in my opinion.)

So this week we're all out of money, haha. I'm learning to budget well and eat cheap. The diet of a missionary here consists of Bread, eggs, milk, bananas and oranges (oranges are super cheap but not quite as tastey).
My expenses for food for one week $9.00. Thanks to all the wonderful sisters that feed us so well here in Uberlandia.

This week we met lots of people, since we've been talking to EVERYBODY! My favorite was Paulo, who is taking a course in theology to help him decide which religion to join. But he didn't show at church, we called everyone and passed by their houses to confirm, but this week again we had 0. 
I always feel super bumbed when this happens, on the flip side I get super excited when we bring people to the church. 

So a couple days ago I was thinking about what we could do different to help people keep commitments. I prayed, saying I know we still have a lot to learn and we don't deserve it, but I want to see a miracle. We'll talk to everybody please help us find some.
And after church my prayer was answered. I we walked clear to the end of our area to contact a lady we met in the street, Tatiane. We met with her and her daughter Nicole. It was a Miracle. I think nicole was one of the first people I've met that really understood what Moroni's promise meant, and the difference that the answer would make. 
Both of them accepted to visit the church this sunday and to be baptized.

We also contacted a lady named Kelly that I met in the fair (I'll talk about this in a bit.) She was really good to, she also accepted to be baptized.

On tuesday we carried a big table clear down to the fair and set up an exposition. The bigger neighborhoods here have fairs every week where you can buy fruit, veggies, clothes, and all sorts of yummy stuff. I like the churros. In a couple hours I had the addresses of 15 people to visit. It was great to change up the routine and see it work. President Prieto said "If you want different results do something different".

I'm starting to understand our role in helping the ward here grow and I'm starting to teach more naturally, which is a relief. Before I was worried about hitting every point in the lesson, now that I'm starting to know the lessons better I can converse with the person and teach to their understanding.

Love the pictures!

Love you all 

Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment