Monday, July 15, 2013

Novo Presidente!

Na verdade, ainda nao conhecemos ele... mas ouvi muitas coisas boas!

He didn't visit us yet. But today we got an email saying that the new goal for baptisms for a companionship in a month is 12. woooh! haha. It was 6 before.

To tell the truth I have baptised not many people here. I got transferred from goainia and Barra right before the baptisms. I want to baptise! haha. Elder Castro and I met 2 families this week, Rogerio and Zilda, that came to church with us. 
  I'm really grateful for the members that help. It's a bit awkward if you are trying to make friendships for them if you are asking people to stick with your investigators.
   Rai, one of the members here  is 20 years old and waiting for the 1 year mark after his baptism to serve a mission. He loves the missionaries and being a missionary. We were eating lunch with him and he was talking about people looking at the new people but not greeting them, " the sign says visitors welcome! so run to them, shake their hand and say, good morning!!!" haha.

The language is coming along. I've been doing splits with elder cain and elder Marques, the zone leaders that we live with. I'm seeing that I will always have something to improve when it comes to teaching people. The best way to teach if you really want them to understand is to almost say nothing. Ask questions and show them scriptures to teach what you want to say. People understand WAY better when you do it this way.

Basically President prieto said we need to memorize the points of every paragraph in Preach my Gospel. I'm seeing now that it's good to do this because if you know all the material it's a lot easier to draw from what you know to adapt the lesson to the person. 

Other than that I'm just loving life here in Uberlandia. It's hot but not as hot as Mato Grosso! Sorry Elder Kennington!

Love,

Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment