Monday, July 1, 2013

Perdoa-me!

Alright,

So last week I was transfered the same day that everyone went to Goiana for the last conference of President Prieto and Sister (which was very very good). I was called the night before at 10:40 to pack my bags. That's how tranfers work here, haha.

I was a little sad to leave Barra do Garças. Well, a lot sad. Thiago and Erika got married, I got to sign the Marriage contract! haha. It was pretty cool, Less than an hour to sign the paper, trade rings, and then everybody went home and will party later. 
Erika was baptized this saturday. Thiago baptized her. When the elders met thiago he had been inactive since being a deacon, living with his spouse. He started to come back on his own, AND brought Erika with him. He was ordained a priest after the wedding so he could baptize her. I won't forget them!

Now I'm in Uberlandia. Cool name huh? It's a LOT cooler here than Barra, which is nice. And we have a chapel, looks like I'll still be playing the hymns though (thank you mom for hounding me to practice! I should have listened more).

My companion is Elder Castro, from Sao Paulo. I'm happy because they speak portuguese very well there, hopefully he can help me kill my accent a bit.
He has some great strengths like working with the members and teaching with the spirit. He teaches very clearly. I'm looking forward to using the strengths that we both have to work here. 

This week we baptized Sergio, an investigator of Elder Castro. I confirmed him.

One thing We do a lot here is stop people in the street, something I had a hard time with in Goiania! But surprisingly It's me that's making a lot of the small talk with people. 

Another good thing is that we always have lunch here! wooh! the members are great.

Also In our house is elder Cain, who was in Barra with me.

(Still no camera, but I'm sure it'll arrive before christmas! hahaha.)
Love you all tons,

Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment