Monday, May 13, 2013

Baptism and Mother's Day


Hey It was really great to hear from you all, sorry I got kinda choked up at the end and couldn't say anything I wanted to.

What I wanted to tell you guys was how lucky we are to have the Gospel and to be living it like it's an everyday normal thing. AND how lucky we are to have a happy healthy family. I've met sooo many families here. It's hard to find a basic family. I know everyone has their problems but there are just so many things that tear families apart these days. So I really want to thank mom and dad, and to a greater extent, the grandparents for doing you part and getting me where I am. 
Thank you so much.

Well I'm super pumped to get those recipes mom. Especially the Jay and Laura's waffles and cinnamon syrup. Oh my lanta. Like I said there's nothing like Maple syrup or peanut butter and those are the two things I miss haha.

I took your advice and made a list. Here goes.
Baptism: Like I said it was my first. Kind of an awesome story of how we met him. I was with Elder Falcon, we took the bus to this remote neighborhood to find a kid that had randomly visited the church during General conference. We walked around asking for directions for like 30 minutes. We found the kid and 3 other less active members!!! which is really exciting because we really want to make this branch grow. 

After teaching them they told us about one of the sisters that lived nearby, another less active. We went there and she asked for a blessing because she was sick, and her son asked to be baptized. Woooh!

It was my first here in Brazil. I found out after the fact that he had a fear of water because he had drowned once... That would have been nice to know. The water was cold for him. Alright, so the first time I messed up one of the words. The second time his finger didn't go under, at this point he started to cry when we told him we had to do it again. But he was brave and went one more.
I felt horrible at the time but We are friends now haha. 
His name is Caio Gomes Azanki.

We had a cake competition and this is Elder Winkel's and my creation.  The pizza was amazing.


Wow times up.... Write you more next week!

Love you tons!
Elder Wallace.





No comments:

Post a Comment