Monday, May 20, 2013

Aulas De Ingles


Hey! So I've got a couple things to write about.

This week we went to the school where the Branch president works and gave english lessons. The other teachers asked us to come and Elder Winkel and I went not really knowing what to expect. We thought we were giving a lesson for an hour. Turned out we gave FIVE lessons.. It took up a lot of our time but It was really fun, I'm not really sure they learned a whole lot but now we know half the kids that live in Aragarças! haha. 

The kids loved it and the teachers loved it. Two other schools want us to come by and do the same thing. President already approved it, it's a good way to get the church's name out there. When we taught the lessons we didn't talk about the church but at the end we opened for questions and were able to say a lot about it. The teachers asked a lot of questions like why we're sometimes called mormons.

This week at church was awesome!!! For the entire time we've been here Elder winkel and I have been trying to reactivate this really big family that hasn't been to church in a looooong time. Years and years. We've been passing the mom and two of the sons that have kids.

Sunday morning everyone that commited to come to church with us fell through. They weren't home. We were almost to the church, kinda depressed when a car FULL of people passed by, honking and waving. It was that family!!! I wasn't really even thinking about them! Oh it was so good to seem them  in the church. We still have to get the mom and some of the grandsons to come, but I was elated.
The Lord touched their hearts and made the difference. This was another example for me that miracles are real and they happen every day.

Ok here I'm gonna need some help. Our Saturday night activities are failing! haha. Last time we only had one person. Part of it is we need to announce it better. The week of Mother's day we had a cake competition (I sent you a photo of ours). All the men in the branch made cakes and the women judged them. We lost. but hey, it was delicious.
I think these activities are a great idea, but I just need more ideas. This week we're going to do minute to win it.
If anybody has ideas for cool lessons (like the food coloring and bleach for the atonement, or the lighting a fire in a bottle to suck a boiled egg in. We need ideas!

If you have a cool family night idea or seminary lesson Jess really liked Let me know!

Other than that... hmm.. I've been making popcorn to snack on because it's cheap... haha. last week was kinda a stretch with the money for all of us. I'm excited for President Prieto to come out here in 2 weeks and see the Branch. Also if a package arrived in the office he'll probably bring it.

next week I'll tell you about another cool investigator that lived in the us for 9 years, and a dream one of our investigators had (oh boy!). We're still walking a lot and working hard, I've never slept so well. 

Love you all and the church is true, the scriptures contain all of it, and the President Monson is a prophet chosen by God. We heard about his wife and are praying for him, I thankful that we have his guidance and this connection to know the will of God for us.

Love Elder Wallace.

No comments:

Post a Comment