Friday, February 1, 2013

Oi!


 Ola! Tudo Bem!

Hey!!! Sorry it has taken so long to get you an email. I can only email and write letters on fridays, and this is the first one we've had. It was a stretch to make my laundry last until now also. I'm not sure how I feel about the probability of wearing my one suit for the next 5 weeks. (Don't worry I think I can get it dry-cleaned every now and again).

Gah! I'm so excited to finally be talking to you! Thanks for all the DearElders, they print them out daily which is very nice.

So the First 2 days were an adjustment, but after Sunday the time just flies. It feels like forever while you're sitting in class studying, but then you get back to the residence hall and wonder where all the time went. We get from 9:30 to 10:15 to unwind.
    My district is pretty great. 13 Elders and one Sister Workman. :) 3 of them are going to Goiania also, My companion Elder Moffitt is one of them. We're still getting to know each other but I like him. Ha, the other day he taught our new Instructor to say "swag me out".... Whatever that means.
   Ha we're a pretty tight knit group, the other districts are a little jealous of that. Elder KENNINGTON lives just down the hall. That is just the best thing ever. I've also Seen Sister Eddington, Elder Robby Wood... and I feel like there was one more.... Sister Allred! (Jetson's sister).
   When I first got here all I wanted to do was language study! I wanted to learn so bad! But DC 11:21... Seek first to obtain my word. I've had some really good personal studies since then. Personal studies are always aimed toward our 'investigator' Gabriella, who doesn't speak English and we invited her to be baptised yesterday. Maybe the day before?

I have to say I love the spirit here. This place changes people. My prayers are a lot longer, I feel the spirit and it just flows. I love, LOVE bearing my testimony in portuguese. We taught our first lesson in Portuguese after just 2 days. That shows just how much help we have from the spirit here. While teaching, my favorite moments were when I could understand what Gabriella was asking and could struggle through an answer and bear my testimony of it.

K, I guess I better talk about the food. haha. Spencer pretty much pegged it. The food is really quite good, because you usually have 2-3 options, and you learn pretty quick what NOT to get. For example, if you are walking in and you see the words "Beef enchilada Cassorole" you can already tell that's going to be like a freight train derailing off the metaphorical digestive tracks. You also pray that your companion and roomates avoid it.

Nobody has a visa. hahaha. Maybe 3 elders out of the 20 that are leaving got one. I'm curious where I'll get reassigned if I do!

While it's on my mind, Can I jot down some things I need.
  Mom, I'm so sorry. don't kill me. I broke my camera the second day.... I may or may not have been trying to take a picture hanging upside down from the ironing board... It turns on but won't turn off and won't show the screen or take pictures or zoom...
  A picture of the family for the field.
 Email addresses for Tanner, Nate, Jess, and maybe Spencer and Brooke. I think I know spencers.\

DearElder is honestly the best way to go with talking to me. Then I can already know what's going on before I check my email!

Random thoughts.
The MTC has free haircuts. I thought it would be funny to go in and get one daily...
Why did they give us these stretchy exercise bands? It's pretty much a stretchy rubber inner tube, but flat. I feel like they are only good for injuring yourself or others. They make me a little afraid to excersise. (They make fantastic slingshots though!)
We made a duct tape soccer ball for the residence. I wish we had the MTC field to play on! (snow)

Gym! I run or play basketball. Foursquare gets a little intense if people have been playing it for 8 weeks. I never thought that game we played in 3rd grade could reach an olympic level of play.

Congrats to Caulene! Also I'm pumped for Kaitlyn Rockwood and Morgan Parry!!! That's great.

Eu amo Voces,
Ciao!

Elder Aaron Wallace.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute letter. He's going to do great at the MTC. They change so fast and so much, just a short time away from home. Sorry about the broken camera. Kids! Kristi Kennington

    ReplyDelete