Friday, February 8, 2013

An Excellent Week!


Oi! Ola! Bom Tarde! Como Vai? Tudo bem?

This next paragraph is for Mom.
Mom, you are the BEST! Thanks for the photo book, I love it! All the elders saw the picture of me and Jess at prom and were saying, "Wow, she's georgeous" I was like, "yep..... That's my sister...." oh... haha. So, she has offers of people to write to if she wants.

I also got the camera today, muitos gracas! And, you will be pleased to know I already took pictures, but it's darn near impossible to get them on the computers here. You have to have an sd reader (I know an Elder) and the only computers that can do it are in the Laundry room.

Today was P-day! of course. I love eating breakfast at the temple. Our whole district and another district in our zone go every week together. Sooo good.
Then I wrote letters forever. Then we took some pictures. Since it was snowing outside, some elders started playing mini golf in the halls. That was pretty fun.

I wish every day was a tuesday. We have epic firesides that just get me fired up and ready to go. This Week Elder Clarke of the Seventy talked about conversion.
Meu professor told me that I'm doing really well with the language, which made me happy since I've been working really hard this week. I still talk really slow and broken, but I can usually say what I want when talking about the Gospel. Other topics, eh, not so much.

Yeah for Kris going to Wisconsin and Morgan going to Denmark! right? I wish Kris would report before I leave. Those guys said they would write me about their ice fishing trip.. Cameron's papers are in right? Yeah! Tell him I said to bring some good snacks to the MTC. I mean, I can usually get what I need from the vending machines, but $6 a week may not sustain him.

Oh! if possible, could you send me a pocket sized "Hino"? (Hymns). They don't have them here. Muitos Obrigados. Oh, and maybe a crappy watch. Irmao Villanova said we would all get robbed if we wore our watches we have.

Well, I guess I'll share a study I had.
I was reading about using time wisely, and accountability in PMG. Then I was thinking about Opportunity, and I read in DC 81 about how Fredrick Williams had his calling to help Joseph Smith, and do the MOST GOOD for his fellow beings. I am so lucky to have this opportunity, my mission. The best chance to do the most good in my life so far! Everything is set up, taken care of, all I have to do is come and work super hard.

Thanks to all my friends who wrote, it really is a ray of sunshine in this dungeon when you get a letter. Kidding! kidding! I love it here. Seriously. I really like how willing our Father in Heaven is to give his missionaries answers to their questions. It's much easier to access the Spirit here. I don't know how else to say it. When I'm focused on finding answers to a question our "investigator" had, He answers.

Ha, this week we were in a lesson with Irmao Villanova, a Brasileiro, and we taught him the connotation, "I'm down!" As in, want to go get some tabasco sauce for this MTC chicken? Yeah! I'm down.

After 5 minutes, we helped him understand that "I'm down" pretty much means, "I'm up for it."

Love you all.
Eu amo Voces.

Thanks for all your love and support and help and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment