Monday, February 10, 2014

One Wild Week!

So as stated in the subject, this week was pretty wild.

After spending a week in Goiânia I was desperate to get back to my area! At transfer meeting I met up with elder Lee, my new companion (for 4 weeks). President told me before hand what will happen with me (which was really strange because that never happens). Elder Lee and I will both be district leaders for 4 weeks until an Elder from Argentina gets here, then I'll Be off to RIO VERDE!!!! (green river haha) to be Zone leader with Elder de Jesus.
You can imagine that I'm super pumped to be Elder Jesus's companion!

(knock the door, who's there? "elder De Jesus!!!")

Anyway I got back here and luckily everything worked out for Wilson's baptism. Good thing too, because I had called pretty much every member of the ward to make it go smoothly!
We've got two more baptismal dates for this Saturday, Jhonny and Luciana. Luciana is investigating and was introduced to us by a member!!! It's one of the first times I've had someone to teach who already is looking to be baptized!!!   They're awesome and are looking for a house to buy in the Salt Lake Valley... I though... wait... non members determined to move to salt lake?!?!? We haven't even taught about the gathering of israel.. It'll be great to keep them active!
We've got two more possibilities for February 15th that are friends of members too. Working with the members is soo much better than doing it myself. It's like working with a mule and plow instead of working with a hoe. It's a bit tough to get the mule going, but it's a lot better than doing it by hand.

The members here are fantastic! There are always those certain families I can always count on, and I'm going to miss them a lot.

We had a few miracles in the district, two baptisms that weren't marked until friday and saturday, were baptized saturday and sunday!!! The new elders that were transfered into our district are doing fantastic.

The baptism on saturday I walked a few miles to another part of the city to do the interview. It was a great experience. Later that night I got a call from the Luizote Elders who were trying to fill the font (which doesn't need a plug because of the automatic pump) but the pump was broken so the water was draining when they tried to fill it. We went to help them and one hour later we managed to plug it up with a rubber glove, garbage bag and a metal plate we found in the closet (see picture).

The baptism on sunday the other Elder's had lost cell signal, so I didn't have the address to the kid's house. I had been trying to call them for hours and I was starting to get pretty worried about them and the person that would be baptized. I called a member, who talked to the stake president, who gave me the bishop's number, who gave me the address. An hour and a half bus ride later, I was in front of his house. Elder Lee did the interview and he was baptized sunday morning!!! It was an act of faith because I didn't even know for sure if the dad was waiting for us there or not, and it all worked out.

Saturday morning we had a service project with the ward, taking a bunch of clay shingles from out back in her house. It was awesome, everyone bore there testimony on sunday about it.

Looks like Hawaii was pretty awesome! Thanks for all the emails (mom dad, grandma and grandpa!) haha. the pics of the wales were awesome! If I lived on that island I would dress like a leper and walk around with bells on.

Love you all tons, miracles are real, we see them every day here.
Elder Wallace

The border of our area,
Star fruit
Bishop roque, Joao gomes, elder lee, and marcelo at the service project
We filled up three of these garbage bins
Baptism on saturday, Jessica (18 years old)









No comments:

Post a Comment