Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Miracles

Ola'!
Tudo bem? How is everybody?

So this Saturday we had the baptism of William (the little brother of one of our recent converts) I almost missed sacrament meeting trying to get him confirmed! We went to wake him up an hour before but the step-dad told us that he already left (hmmm. not likely) I went on splits with a member 10 minutes before the meeting and we knocked and knocked and called his name and knocked some more. He crashed his bike after the baptism and was all sorts of hurting, but we got a shirt on him and drove him to the church.  William was super excited to be baptized. After we taught him the word of wisdom he said the prayer and promised God that he wouldn't drink coffee any more.

The other two Baptisms we had this week was Lorrayne and Beatriz. Bea was super excited to get baptized (I baptized her and william) and The best part is that their mom Andreia, is coming back to the church after 7-8 years. I'm really happy when we're baptizing, but I'm equally happy, or maybe more, when we help somebody return to the truth and joy they once knew.
Bea's feet went above the water and I ended up putting her toes under my foot to help. I'm starting to get all the little tricks down haha. Man the water was COLD! she was a popsicle when she left.

The miracle of the week:
Saturday we taught a mom and daughter that were really neat, but when it came time to make commitments they were what we call moli (soft). They beat around the bush and wouldn't commit.

Come Sunday and we were going inside with Andreia. A member pulled me aside and said, "you have an investigator waiting for you!" I thought can't be, they're all inside already, she's probably looking for the other ward. But when I went to the door their they were!!! Wooohooo! I was praying to give thanks the rest of the day.

I found out that after we left the daughter started researching the church on the internet. Fortunately she ended up on the church site! She wanted to know more about the book of mormon, and I was happy to explain.

Love you all tons and thanks for the Awesome pictures.
Jessica - you're way tan
Tanner - You're a Freshman already?!?! awesome
Nate - the pic with the cucumbers made me laugh
Dad and mom - My companion (Elder Castro) knows how hardcore you guys are with that awesome kayak pic.
Spence and Brooke.... Love you tons! good luck with school stuff!




I made Cookies!
Baptism of William
Baptism of Lorrayne Cardoso Gomes, Beatiz pereira Gomes, (Andreia is the mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment