Sunday, August 25, 2013

Boa Tarde!

Hello!
 how is everyone? Thanks for the Emails!
This week we had transfers. Much to his dismay, my companion "ficou" haha. We never know what will happen with transfers. All of the people that have a lot of time here stayed, and BOTH of our zone leaders were transfered! (Elder Cain and Marques that were living with me and Elder Castro). I'll miss Elder Cain, we worked alot together in Barra do Garças.
Arrived: Elder Peterson, from California, our new zone leader. The suprise is that normally we have 2 zone leaders, but Elder Peterson will be zone leader AND train Elder McClane (fresh from Provo). Needless to say he has a full plate. Here's a picture of them, and a picture of me and elder castro with a weird water tower close to our house.

Today I'm going to make cookies for Elder Castro! Wish me luck because I couldn't find the equivlant of shortening, and I bought a solid rock of brown sugar that I will grate like cheese. His birthday was this week. A family made a churrasco (bbq) and a delicious cake for us. It was the first time I ate chicken hearts here in the mission. They were even better than the chicken hearts we ate in Tucanos (Maybe because the chickens here are more loving). I can't help but think that for every one I eat a chicken died.

It's nice to be helping Elder McClane with the language, it helps me see how far I've come. He is learning WAY fast!

So, I'll share a miracle today that happened this week. We were returning to our area after doing baptismal interviews.

I got on the bus and the guy that collects tariff called me over. He was really excited to see the Elders and started telling me about a film he watched recently, the Lord's Errand. I found out he was baptized some time ago in Rio de Janeiro. He moved to Uberlandia 4 years ago, and has been keeping busy with 2 jobs and his 2 kids. 

Turns out that he didn't know the church existed here in Uberlandia! I got his address and passed it to the missionaries that work in his area. He's lived here for 4 years but wasn't able to find the church! He got pretty excited and asked me to send a book of mormon with the missionaries that will visit him.
His daughter and son are more than 8 years old, and they can get baptized. The Lord is putting people in our path if we just open our mouths to talk to them.

This week we should have two baptisms, with another marked if we can help this couple get married!

Thanks for your prayers and all you do!
Love Elder Wallace




No comments:

Post a Comment