Monday, February 2, 2015

The Last E-mail...

So this'll be the last email as a full-time missionary.
The decision for the branch Hasn't arrived yet!!! noooo... haha. I'll have to wait to know.

I'm really excited to see all of you! At the same time it feels like I am leaving home, and going to a strange land. haha. It's hard to imagine life different than it is now.

I made such good friends and saw so many miracles here in Brazil. This week we visited lot's of families that thanked me for all the visits, annoying phone calls to wake them up Sunday morning that I ALWAYS make haha, and for not giving up on them. We had a family night and the members here gave me a brazil shirt that they had all signed with things like "we'll miss you" and "come back soon". The best part of the family night was that one of our investigator's kids announced that she had decided to be baptized before I left!  I found out later she didn't want to be baptized before because she thought it was wrong to date in our religion... haha. Luckily the Group Leader's wife Salete cleared that up for her.

So saturday we had a baptism. It's always a relief to have a baptism when President is in the Area!!! haha. Her mom cried, her Aunt cried, her uncle almost cried, and she cried. haha. We almost didn't have to use the hose to fill up the pool in the backyard, we could have used their tears!

Sunday I was full of expectations! We got to the Hotel early (we did the meeting in the hotel because there wouldn't be room in the school, left our suits and bags and went to go get people for church. Everyone bailed on us but in the end one family came, and that made it all worth it. So we walked to church with them. Then another family's car pulled up. Then another. We were so blessed this week! We did what we always have done, work hard and pray harder. But this week the Lord blessed us even more and we had 21 investigators at church! That made attendance a whopping 65 for our group, our new record!

President gave an AWESOME talk about the book of mormon and gave a powerful testimony, I'm pretty sure all 21 of those investigators will get baptized just because of the talk! haha. It was great, I was sitting in the front row with a family of 7, and the dad was RIGHT in front of president. He sat on the edge of his seat, eyes wide the whole time.

The best news is that the Elder That will come to take my place is Elder Tenório. I was his Zone Leader in Rio Verde. In my opinion he is one the most excited and hardest working elders in the mission! It was a huge load off my back to be able to rest at ease knowing that he will take good care of the people here in Catalão that we are working with. 

Love you all and I'll see you in approx.. 4 days.
Tchau!
Elder Wallace





No comments:

Post a Comment