Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I Ate Huh

Hey Family!
This week was good. We found some awesome families, many accepted a baptismal date! Unfortunately this week was FATHER'S DAY!!! agh. Happy brazilian father's day dad! haha. But a lot of people went to visit good ol' dad and make a special lunch for him. 

We have a family I'm really excited to teach. One of them has already prayed and received an answer, so I'm certain they'll be baptized.

The good news is that we are lots of the Less-actives we've been visiting come back to church! Two of them that are 20-22 years old. Marcia, that gave us Ivone's reference (who was baptized) saw her son come back to church for the first time in 4 years. You can imagine how happy she must have been! We were very happy for her too.

It was pretty funny, some people are a little embarassed to come back to the church, but Alencar (the other guy that came back) walked around with a huge smile on his face, just excited to be back in church. It was funny to see all the old ladies reactions, some almost cried, some hit him, but all of them hugged him. haha.

This week president took us to a eat Rã (Huh). It's a specie of frog. In Goias there's something called "Espetinho" It's a barbaque on skewers. Pretty tasty and there's one on every corner at night. This was the only one I've seen that also has "Rã". It's a specie of frog, it's got a fishy taste with the texture of chicken. to tell the truth is wasn't bad. 

I also ate cow heart this week. Heart isn't too bad either.

Love you all and I know this is the Lord's work. I've learned satan tries real hard to get us down. Especially the missionaries. I read an awesome talk this week called the 4th missionary. by Lawrance Corbrige. This talk has made a difference for me these past 5 months. 

I know the only thing we can give the Lord that isn't already his to take is our Heart and Will, and if I leave the mission with these already given to him, my mission has been a great success. 

Thanks for all your love and support.



No comments:

Post a Comment