Monday, December 1, 2014

Natal. Christmas Countdown

Hey Fam!

This week was just as good if not better than the last week. The time flies by so fast and it seems like there's not enough time to get everything done! but like it says in Ecclesiastes, there's time for everything.

It doesn't help that we somehow managed to find great people to teach in the four corners of the city. A member Referal and Less-actives by our house, A baptismal date and less-active family on the edge of the city (you can see the fields and jungle) and another person with a baptismal date by the church. We walk about an hour to get to the church. and then another 30 minutes to get to the edge of the city.  
We've also got people coming to church from the part of the city that's on the other side of the highway! (an hour and a half in the OTHER direction!) 

The greatest blessing we had this week was the attendance at church, we hit 46! This week was the most we've had in Catalão yet since it opened in August. Elder Badu and I are doing our part bringing back the less actives and bringing 13 new investigators to church this week! I don't know what I did to deserve being transfered here. There are other areas where the difficulty is getting people to church, but this isn't one of them. I'm always suprised with who comes. Sometimes the people who we were sure would come don't show up, but a person we invited on the street without teaching does! It's amazing.

Finally got a few complete families to church. There's a family of 4 we're teaching and praying for. Trying to get the husband to get in the boat so they can all get baptized together!

We've got two baptisms marked for this weekend. It's hard to find them at home to teach them. That's our biggest worry. We've got 4 more people that are also preparing to be bapized this month!

The thing I love the most about Catalão is that I know all the members and less-actives. Every week I make a list of who came to church and who didn't come this week. It's so good to know each and every one of them personally, and we've been able to visit all of them quite a few times.

I love the scriptures and I love having an hour of study time every day. If you don't feel that hunger for the scriptures yet, set a time apart to read and pray to heavenly Father asking him to give you a love of the scriptures. Even if we just have the desire to love the scriptures that's enough! 

I'm excited for Christmas because I KNOW that Christ exists, is alive, and does not sleep. Strong spiritual experiences are few, special and sacred, but one of these experiences I had is proof to me that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he loves us all.


Love you all and I'm excited to talk to you on Christmas!
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment