Monday, November 10, 2014

Catalão and freedom.

So let's start with the biggest news!

I was transfered! woohoo! President got back from his conference for Mission Presidents and changed basically the whole transfer he had already made. Now I'll stay this week to train my replacement, Elder Brooks. Friday I'm of to one of the areas I've been dying to go to; Catalão!

Catalão opened two transfers ago. I'll be the fourth missionary to go there. It's a city of about 150,000 people and just our companionship in the whole city. There isn't a branch or even a group. For now, they're meeting in a member's house. I'm super excited to get going and my new companion is from Elder Silva's ward: Elder Badu! He's pretty cool, from são Paulo.

During this week we worked up a storm, finding a few families and had some new investigators at church. Elder Brooks will get to see our investigators get married, I'll ask for fotos and will be a little sad to leave them now. But, I'll go where He wants me to go.

Last P-day we played with a football, and ping-pong in our building. One of E. Silva's recent converts, Ricardo, threw with us. Ricardo's birthday is November 6th, so he invited us over to eat cake with him. Ever since he was baptized he has been obsessed with all things "mormon". He's planned for me to adopt him and take him to live in salt lake. haha.

Saturday we had "Helping Hands" project in another city that hopefully will have a branch soon. We handed out flyers and invited people to come to the park where they learned about food storage, health, cut hair for free, and could get their documents cleared up by some lawyers that were there. It was cool to do something a bit different, certainly got the members that went excited.

Sunday we said good-bye to a family that has always helped us a ton with lunch and rides for our investigators; Paulo and Dilamar. 

This week I realized how important it is to make our will the same as the Lord's will. Many times in the mission I try to think "what is the secret to success" Like how many lessons, how many people I need to talk to, How many lessons with members. 
But really what makes the difference is giving the Lord my heart 100%. Giving all I've got to give. He makes up the rest.
Have a great week, 
Love you all.

So the pics are:
P-day football
Cake with Ricardo and William
Paulo's family; Dilamar, Talita, and Pamela.
"Helping Hands" in Senador Canedo.




No comments:

Post a Comment