Monday, October 13, 2014

Elder Wallace's Epistle to the Family in Roosevelt, Salt Lake, and the surrounding Areas.

Hey Family!

So how are you all doing? 
This week week we worked real hard. Almost died fasting because it's really hot Here! Serious I've heard stories of missionaries that walk into the shower with their clothes on, get soaked, and then leave to work because they get dry in a half-hour.
I wake up everyday at about 5:45 because the sun is already up and burning! The suns not supposed to be up until way later! I have to stay in bed though because it's a rule now to not wake up before 6:30. haha. I guess to many missionaries were waking up to study or to work out... wierd problem right?

I'm reading Jesus the Christ, I started a month ago and I'm halfway through now. Mostly because I would read it while I was waiting for Elder Almeida to come out of the shower. and he takes FOREVER in the shower! haha. 

Elder Bruno got an email today from his girlfriend that their sealing is marked for January 10th, 1:00 pm... Haha. We're seeing the symptoms of being a little trunky but he works super hard, I admire him for that. 

This week we had about 12 people that said they would go to church... Unfortunately it didn't work out for them I guess. It was also The second round of the presidential elections AND "children's Day" I guess it's like father's or mother's day. You give presents to the kids and make popcorn and popcorn with that pink sugar stuff, and cotton candy. Needless to say all the kids in the neighborhood were all hyped up on sugar, and our lessons had to be short.

We're finding lots of people, just need to find the ones that will baptize! Luckily everyone here is real open. When we get someone that is not receptive, we just treat them well or say a prayer with them. Instead of trying to teach or argue with them, I try to set them up for the next time they meet the missionaries.

Super Jealous you guys saw meet the Mormons. Even if people talk bad about it, it still gets the church's name out there. John Tanner was converted because he went to denounce the missionaries for an anti-poster he saw, and ended up being baptized!!! Are we related to him?

Have a great week, 
Love you all!
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment