Monday, September 29, 2014

There Can Be Miracles!!!

First off. I'm really tired. But that's normal!
yesterday night I participated in my first missionary farewell for missionaries going home. We ate at president's house and everyone bore their testimonies. It made me more happy that I have a few months than trunky. Some really great guys that helped me a lot, it was good to hear their testimonies.
We got home way after a missionary should go to bed, and then this morning we had to drop a passport off to a sister to catch her flight at 6 a.m. Tomorrow we'll also be busy with the 12 new missionaries that will get here!

I wasn't transfered, but I've known that for about 2 weeks! haha. My new companion will be Elder Bruno!!!  (brazilian, he doesn't know yet) He's graduated from college in software and computing, and goes home this next transfer, will also get married in November. I think we'll get along well, he seems really chill. Reminds me of Bo Law.

This week I was devestated that our investigator won't be able to get baptized because she is struggling with smoking still. We won't give up on her, but we've got some new people that are fantastic.

We're teaching the oldest person I've ever taught, she's a referall from an elderly man in our ward. We're never too old to do missionary work! Also this week we were passing our investigators houses to wake them up for church when we saw two people at the buss stop. They excitedly waved us over and told us they were on their way to church! We had taught them a few weeks ago. Never thought they would go to church! haha.

Also, Alfter our baptismal date fell through, I had really prayed letting Heavenly father know I was sorry we hadn't baptized anyone for a while, and that I knew we were supposed to bring fruits and that I would keep doing my best.

At church there was a young women visiting that ran up to meet me excitedly. She lives in another ward in Goiânia, but apparently I had taught her mom in Barra do Garças, more than a year ago. She had gone to visit her mom, went to church and asked to be baptized after her first visit! She excitedly told me that she was preparing for a mission these next few months!
Later that day I got a call from Uberlândia and Rio Verde, two people I had taught there had also been baptized!
 I knew Heavenly Father was showing me that My labors are not in vain.

Love you all,
Have a fantastic week,
Se- cuida
Elder Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment